Tuesday, July 23, 2013

smoke from a distant fire

This lying, and cryin', it's upsettin' and gettin' ya no where
It don't stack up, so slack up and pack up
I just don't care
Don't let the screen door hit you, on your way out.
Don't you drown when your dream boat runs onto the ground


now I know some people hate ice plant..hate it..they hate it for what it stands for...whatever that is..but the bottom line is they hate it


classic beach road!
 
 
I however do not hate ice plant..as a matter of fact, I love it! I love it even though as we speak, the idiots over on the Channel Islands are ripping it out because it is deemed non-native...

ok so there's nothing I can do about that..legally..I mean I can't just go kill a bunch of people because I disagree with them, can I? damn laws!!!

 
so I see there was a fire in Summerland Saturday night...some peeps had a bonfire going and were shooting fireworks off according to the reports....

so the reason this story interested me was because of the native plant restoration done by the county sub-contractor a few years ago....Channel Islands Restoration was their name..they ripped out ice plant and arundo and planted some nice native plants to hold the hillside together...so a few years go by and I check on the natives now and then and they don't look too bad....or too good..six of one, six of the other

so I go to Summerland beach...supposedly the fire was near Lookout Park..

it's a muggy day and thunder clouds shape off into the distance like a surfer shapes a wave...a few folks are walking their dogs on the beach...the beach never changes...it's a place where the sky touches the water...(ahem)

ok so where's the fire aftermath??? I don't see nuthin...just birds and water and sand...so I walk on down the line and nothing burnt.....so I go back and drive south to around Finney St. and then Wallace Ave where the Summerland sewage plant is...if you want to be an operator here you need to pass a state test that is harder than the state bar, so study up (biology, math and chemistry and of course water science and hydraulics)


 
so I park in a place that's reserved for the Summerland plant employees..a little turn-out..I smell smoke..I noticed the sewage plant smells like blueberry muffins!!

I walk on down the street..hey cool old California beach road..this will be my new hang out... I finally see some burned area by the beach..not an acre, more like a little patch..the fire made a run up the hill but the arundo stopped it!! the mighty arundo was singed but not burned...and this is nowhere near Lookout Park... geez, I want all you reporters to get your facts right...you're an embarrassment to the profession!!


fuck-off prissy celebrities!!
 
I spy some officials down there scoping out the incident..so if you don't want your house to burn down, use ice plant and arundo because the native species will burn like paper!!

then I head over to Loon Point and see some new surveillance cameras at the Padaro Lane entrance..WTF??? ever since the Hollywood celebs bought 20+ million dollar properties here a few years ago, they have littered Padaro Lane with these signs and now some cameras!! paranoid much?? Kevin Costner, are you responsible for this? George Lucas? Rob Lowe...what a bunch of sissies!!

well I got out of my truck, walked up to the camera and flipped it off...flipped off all those self-serving self-important celebrities...you fucks crap just like everyone else so don't get too uppity with me..

the surveillance signs and cameras are a passive-aggressive way by these movie people to tell you to keep out of their neighborhood...Padaro Lane is a public road and I'm outraged at this special treatment for these papperazzi magnets!

well here's something they should really be afraid of: ME!!! YOU ARE NOW ON MY RADAR!! UNDER MY SURVEILLANCE!! YOU GOT THAT YOU FANCY  PADARO LANE PET SHOP BOYS??? I WILL TAKE BACK PADARO LANE FOR THE PEOPLE!!!

No comments: