Monday, July 22, 2013

Pearl Necklace

she wore a pearl necklace.....

ok so some dude named Marc emails me awhile ago and asks if he can use a picture of Kym Herrin I had in my post "she talks to angels"..

 
he said he's doing a story on pretty girls in videos from the fun age of rock n roll and 1980s MTV....

he said he's doing a feature on Kym Herrin...he was able to go out and get Kym to spill her guts, to agree to a feature story...who is this dude? Hugh Hefner?? Marquis De Sade?? well, he calls himself an author of books for all ages, speaker, and pop culture archeologist...


of course, Kym used to be a Playboy model and boy oh boy was I surprised when I found out she was living on the Young Ranch (June Young practically invented Santa Claus Lane and the Big Yellow House) in Carp when I was renting a little funky place up there in the 1990s....I'd sit out in the yard reading Fritz Perls Gestalt therapy and water science books on my days off...

I gave Kym a ride one morning to Kim's Market and, well, she was a real fine girl, a real nice babe and I was the perfect gentleman...helping a neighbor out..she was dating the ranch owner's son at the time...

I chanced to see Kym again at the Court House last year, took her picture and the guy who emailed me has a blog called Noblemania, and wanted to use that picture...so I said "sure" and say "hi" to Kym for me..

http://noblemania.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-girl-in-video-legs-1984-part-2-of-3.html
 

so the dude emails me back yesterday and said he didn't need the picture after all because Kym provided a better one, and indeed she did!

the guy, Marc Tyler Nobleman interviewed Kym and it is a fabulous read...

some awesome stories and pictures of a really fun time in pop culture..and Kym Herrin was a big part of it...

the Young Ranch had quite a rock-n-roll history with Kym up there..she was friends with ZZ Top, the Doobies bros Tom Johnson was up there at one time.. it was a little artist enclave held together by master mechanic/farmer John Young and the big tough wonderful colorful JuneYoung...

check it out.. the rockin' Kym Herrin interview by Marc Tyler Nobleman...

2 comments:

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Thanks for this write-up, Mick!

Mick Von Caw said...

you got it Marc!