Saturday, July 13, 2013

Parlez-Moi d'Amour

Mon Dieu et Sacre Bleu!!

ok so I went to the French Festival to get away from certain Americans for awhile...get away from bad juju...just get away from the je ne sais quoi...the lowlife, yes the sweet lowlife..just for awhile...but one thing about America, you always miss her if she's gone too long...


Jessica Fichot and band

 maybe I'll get back to France before too long...but since I'm here, the French Festival is the next best thing to Paris in the the Spring... I get there at 10:30 am while they are settting things up...I walk by the hospital...big and white like a sanitarium....I like to walk by the bungalows and peek in the bathroom windows..


 
then sit under the oaks and relax..take in the atmosphere and it's always so good....the berets, the poodles, the baguettes for 2 bucks each! the cafe au lait...and the girls.....ooooh la la...


it's cloudy and cool in Carp but it's sunny and warm at Oak Park and as I sit down, the trees are dropping things on my head...

quelle chance!!

I see a familiar face warming up on stage with her band-a stand -up bass player and a guitarist- on the Eiffel Tower stage I think the MC called it..it's Jessica Fichot..a favorite of the French Festival she started the festivities with a bang..and nice to see many more people here...Jessica is a wiz on the accordian..she's a lovely young woman....a throwback to the Golden Age of Music and she even passed a basket around for tips...it filled up quick..she was selling CDs after her set and I talked with her for a while..she's very sweet and tough...a tough astute, business woman! and Jessica Fichot is most definately a mystery...


then a group of rather rotund singers took the stage for some fun.... the big girls were kinda cute! I sat next to a big gal... my little French pigeon!!

but I had to split to oui oui...

judging from the looks on peoples' faces, I'm happy to say the French Festival is back in full swing...

there's arts and crafts and food and kids and dogs...I've never seen such joie to vivre!! look at the cute twins!!

a lovely change from the dour faces in Wendy's World..oh just had to mention her for counterpoint because the gals at the French Festival have one thing Wendy will never have: class
so I go home and pass by the beach and see the Chromatic Gate..


 
it looks intense and fantastic!! this gate drives conseravtives crazy because they think the commies built it!! hahah...

and ooooh lala...Vive La France!!

No comments: