Tuesday, July 16, 2013

everybody knows this is nowhere

I think I'd like to go.. back home...and take it easy...

like I said, after the French Festival I went downtown to check out Granada Books and pick up a few magazines like Bitch or Utne Reader...maybe Vintage Guitar mag....I could get these and more at Borders..but Borders in now a place for little girls to buy their first pair of panties..hmmmm

everybody knows, everybody knows
 
well I did notice that State Street by the Granada has gotten a little weird looking..like a model street empty but for a few mannequins...it just looks odd...like it's staged...just bars and girlie clothing stores

then you get relief when you pass over to the Central Library...and I saw some scruffy looking dudes at the corner of State & A...this famous corner has hosted many characters....petitions get signed here, babies are born here...it's the heart and soul Center of Santa Barbara...

nowhere


so the conservatives are trying to get rid of the homeless, and I'm trying to get rid of drunk drivers...drunk drivers do alot more damage than the homeless but since the homeless look poor, they pose a bigger threat to the business community...it's all about money..or is it...a homeless person has never stopped me from buying something...but a drunk driver could shear off my legs at any given moment.. I will not rest until the drunks are off the streets!!! but it's gonna be hard because Santa Barbara has a drinking problem..oh everybody knows but it's never on a city council agenda..the homeless are on the agenda alot, but not the big Santa Barbara drinking problem...and all the bars and tasting rooms!! Real Change not Spare Change?? it's a hollow slogan shouted at the moon by the elistist drunks in Santa Barbara..and of course it means nothing...


Granada Books..nada!!
 
ok so I went to see MR. DUI Peter Lance at his book signing inside Granada Books but no one was there..an empty chair...some lonely echoes from the wood floors...will Chaucer's stoop so low as to hold a Peter Lance book signing non-event...I know Borders wouldn't...Barnes and Noble wouldn't....

well maybe Pete will return to the News-Press and they'll print his book....

everybody seems to wonder, what it's like down here...gotta get away from this day to day running around, everybody knows this is nowhere...

No comments: