Saturday, July 27, 2013

Proud Mary

cleaned alot of plates in Memphis...

so sometimes I like to drive through Montecito Village to get to Carp... I grew up here, on Coast Village Road, so why not...when I was a teen, I washed dishes at Sam's Scoop right down the road from Randy Van Wolfswinkel!



at Sam's Scoop, the waitress flirted with me alot..she was an older blonde in her late twenties..Mary I think her name was.. and lordy I would have lasted about two seconds with that gal...so Sam tells me one day to take this hairless dog that was hanging around the back of the restaurant.. it was a little homeless mutt someone dumped...he tells me go get rid of it..to kill it! so I quit the next day and no I didn't kill the dog.. I grabbed some bacon and took him to the Butterfly beach underpass where he lived happliy ever after I think...at least I got him away from Sam...he was a cool dog!

oh I washed lots of dishes in my teens...worked at the Big Yellow House and that was fun.. I recall Don Turner the big friendly guy with curly hair was the manager..he'd always come back and check on us..the waitresses would bring back food and almost empty carafes of wine and washing dishes and big pots and pans was pretty fun in those days, with those pretty cornbread girls..ahhhhhhh...wine, women and song!

Craig McCaw's fantastic new eatery "Oliver's"!
but anyway when I go through Montecito these days...oh, the neighborhood has gone downhill with all these drunk rightwingers moving in, and I see lots of dogs and skinny white women with huge high heels and really skintight pants...and big puffy faces and lips

I guess most of the normal folks are long gone...but I always pass by Peabody's restaurant which is closed..it was bought by Craig McCaw, the creepy, strange-weird whale-loving UFO-loving and very rich ex-husband of the equally bonkers Wendy McCaw..how'd we get so lucky to have these two clowns move here???

I am not impressed with their wealth but they certainly are...they live in a prison it seems with all their gold and gates.. I feel sorry for them, I pity them, I spit on both of them...

ok so Peabody's was sold to Craig McCaw last year or so and there's still a green tarp over a portion of the building...it's a small restaurant but why is it taking so long to open?? the new name will be "Oliver's" which is Craig's middle name, but I don't think the restaurant will open..ever
I know they blamed the permitting process (anti-gov MO) but I'm thinking that these superduper rich guys just dabble in this stuff and never finish what they start..like Ty Warner took five years to remodel his orange hacienda on Channel Drive..burned down one of his houses and failed at restoring the Miramar, blaming the permit process again

this is proof that excessive wealth turns you into an idiot....
well these folks certainly aren't smart like me anyways

No comments: