Sunday, July 14, 2013

lost dogs and mixed blessings

I'm walking down the street feeling like Lucky Larue...


all's well and Sunday is the last day of the French Festival...a celebration of French Independence...why don't they have a 4th of July Festival at Oak Park next year...Americans need to learn to have some fun...so I arrived and it's crowded and a nice bit of music is being played on stage...an old rag time French band! I sat myself down and took a look around and wow there's lots of girls here today and they are showing more skin than Saturday because it's hotter...and that's what I concentrated on...aside from all the other fun stuff!! they sold beer wine and champagne at a little stand..

but the vibe at this festival is fun not booze..now that's a breath of fresh air!!


 
man oh man...
these French femmes are redoutable!!

so I buy a hat and walk around and hey there's ol' Robert Eringer...boy the dude is short and  shrimpy! We know Mr. Wimpy well meet Mr. Shrimpy..he was there with his lovely young daughter so I didn't say anything....howdy Mr. Shrimpy!! bonjour!!!

Eringer..Mr. Shrimpy!!

so speaking of poor guys, I drank in the last bit of festival for me this year and headed  downtown..State Street to check out Granada Books..the Montecito Journal said Peter Lance be here to sign his new book...well there's the weird display in the front window...it's ugly and would steer people away from the store! and it appears it did because no one was in there....Granada Books sucks..it's small and dumpy looking and I couldn't find any magazines!!

oh how I miss Borders!





 
I think Santa Barbara is on to Peter Lance and his stable of bullshit promoters like the News-Press and Montecito Journal...Lance is a hack

and if he had any sense, he'd be selling his books at the French Festival ....but he probably doesn't even know it's going on....these Team Wendy guys...I think they're soft in the head!!

as the French say: ce chien reste au-dehors de la maison...

No comments: