Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dancin' in the Streets

Callin' out around the world Are you ready for a brand new beat? Summer's here and the time is right For dancin' in the streets..They're dancin' in Chicago Down in New Orleans Up in New York City

awesome!!

 and in Santa Barbara....Carpinteria to be exact...we was dancin'!

 
well that was a fun morning! I got up and got dressed and drank coffee and got ready to go to the Oprah auction at the  Carp Polo Fields....it's a lovely day..sunny and warm with a tinge of cool in the breeze...I get my stuff and head on over to...ten bucks to park? no..I'll park outside in the dirt, thank you very much


 so I walk a ways and enter the Polo grounds...just beautiful as always....lots of cops and security but all friendly and not a big deal..a weapons check..well they let me in with my little knife so that's cool..


geez!!
 
 I head over to the main tent and settle in...I'm people watching and there's beautiful people airywhere!! the womens were stunning!! hey, there's Sharin from KEYT...big perrty smile..she's a knockout!
 

Sharin from KEYT..geez!!

 
 
 
 
people are happy and laughing and the Burger Bus is dishing out yummy burgers....the auction staff gathers up front and forms a line...then the proceedings begin and Erin Graffy's at the mic.. EWWWWW... welcoming the crowd..ok.. she did an ok job for a five minute gig....

I'm sitting down when all of a sudden....everyone stands up and starts clapping and screaming....there's a big rush to the front....

Oprah and Gail
 
it's Oprah! peeking out from the big curtain..she looks out and laughs...dressed in yellow jersey...then comes out and greets the crowd and then she takes the stage and joins in the auctions! she really is working the crowd, cracking jokes and making fun of herself..she says she needs the money from the auction for her girl's school to send them to college...she needs book money... but then she says bid high because tuition is really expensive...then she shouts out "do it for the children!!" and everyone starts cracking up...Oprah's galpal Gail was there and she bid $7000 on something!

Natasha amd Pete

 
I was a little star-struck at first but I think Oprah could sell anything to anyone at anytime..she was fabulous! then she had some little motorbikes in all the colors of the rainbow that she bought for her ranch in Hawaii, which is on a mountain..

she says the bikes really work well going downhill....but uphill they're not worth shit!! her friends were bummed that a truck had to come and they loaded the bikes in the truck to get back up the hill... hahah....they sold for about $3000 each anyway!!

hey there's conspiracy theorist and DUI ducker Peter Lance and he finally got a girlfriend...who cares if she's a Russian spy, Pete...good job!!

so Oprah's stuff was auctioned first then some other items from local estates later on in the day...

and I left with a dance in my step...I felt like I was visting an old friend.

No comments: