Thursday, November 14, 2013

too hot


it's too hot baby, gotta run for shelter gottta run for shade

Nathan Alley-EDC lawyer
there were a few things I didn't understand while I was watching the Board of Supervisor's meeting in Santa Maria yesterday.. the issue was the appeal by the Environmental Defense Center of the Santa Maria Energy oil project...first of all the EDC's lawyer was a bald guy with oil smeared on his head.. for affect. for a little street theater...

I put two and two together and realized to my horror that Megan, dear sweet maiden, is married to him....so I shaved my head...and even though the EDC nonprofit keeps sending me literature and propagnada, I will never send them a gift unless they send me a gift, like Megan!

next some of the things I heard from the supes and speakers about economic suicide and catastrophic global warming if the project is approved or denied..so either way, we lose...either we'll all be poor or all be dead! managing pollution is essential and so is managing money..these folks need to get it right

then when you line up the anti-union News-Press, the cops, the SEIU  like marbles, it's easy to knock them all out with one well-paced aggie bull's eye...Lanny and the News-Press all of sudden pro-union?? c'mon!!

cars melt on 101 in November heat
that's kinda what happened when the day ended and  after many speakers spoke their passions, supervisor Farr, Wolf and Cabajal beat Adams and the other guy at a game of marbles

the Santa Maria Energy Project needs more stringent emissions standards according to the south county supes and the EDC...

I used to love going up and down Highway 101 between Santa Barbara and Ventura and seeing the giant grasshoppers drilling for oil across from the beach...there was something about those oil fields I liked...

and being that I drive a truck that uses gas, I'm pro oil...with a caveat: the industry needs to align with better people than the News-Press, COLAB, and the SB County Taxpayer Association..all who've tried to protect COLAB members like former supe Brooks Firestone and Cowboy Willie who leased land to Greka Oil when Greka was spilling on a regular basis..poor management and dumb operator cost the taxpayers money..all the while, Mike Stoker, Brooks Firestone and their pals were blaming everybody else!!

pollution is a problem that needs to be managed...and as I gaze out my window, I see cars melting in the hot November sun on Highway 101...sumthins not right..and using the bible to justify polluting the planet as evangelicals like to do is stupid!!

solar energy is good enegy.. I use it to dry my clothes and agriculture uses it in greenhouses.. thus greenhouse gases!

get the shady characters out of the picture and Santa Maria Energy might have a chance at drilling...but business as usual among the oil players ain't gonna cut it

No comments: