Friday, December 2, 2011

low spark...

of high heeled boys

ok so I decide to go into Santa Barbara to check out the Chief's press conference....I get to the police station and sit down outside on the tile thingie that holds in the flower bed...then I go inside and ask where the press conference is going to be held..the gal at the front desk says downstairs..I ask her how do I get there..she says I need a press pass..I tell her I'm a blogger and she laughs and sneers at me...so I walk away..I guess that's why they call it press conference....I'll get a press pass somehow for future events...I mean how hard can it be if Scott's got one!!

so I go back outside and sit down again, same place
I see Monica Quintero from KSBY crossing the street, carrying her own gear...she flashes a smile at me...shit, I shoulda gone in with her!!
then the chick from KEYT arrived with a driver in a little white car....Beth looks better in person than on TV...

but since I can't go in, I figure there's nothing for me here so I head for my truck and then Darryl Genis walks by.."Good Morning" he says to me..."Nice tie" to him I say..it was toned down from past court apppearances..a greyish hue..

so I go back towards the police station and sit down thinking I'll see some other famous folks....then Darryl comes walking out of said police station and says they won't let him into the press conference either! hey we have something in common today, me and Darryl...we're both unwanted step children without press credentials!!

so he stops and talks awhile and we discuss drunk drivers...I figure he knows who I am so I ask him to smile for a picture because you guys need to improve your images! then he says he was wearing the low key tie just for me...but then I look down and noticed his shoes were on backwards!! what a joker this guy is!!

so we go back and forth....I say keep the drunks off the road he says he agrees but one beer does not a drunk make...then I say one beer can impair your judgement and he says no..then I point to the black Escalade behind us and say only a fool would get behind the wheel after drinking..then I ask why he's defending DeNunzio and got some legaleze explanation..I said we wouldn't be here if Tony made better choices..and he just kinda smiled...I suppose he's just doing his job and out of the court room was a nice enough guy....reminded me of Larry Mundello.....

then I see Scott from the News-Press limp up, stop in front of the police station and stare at us....Darryl ignores him...then Scott, who looks upset, raises his voice: Darryl, can I talk to you?
Darryl says, "yeah, I'll be there in awhile" and we continued to jaw a bit and shook hands afterward...

then Scott looked hurt like he was jealous that Darryl preferred to talk to me instead of him..he started turning red in the face and I looked down again and noticed Scott was wearing high heels!!
then he starts crying and Darryl says he better go and walks over to Scott..then Scott pouts a little and grabs Darryl's hand and does an interview on tape with him....

so I just laughed at the wind and left to wash my truck by the beach....
I love Santa Barbara in the morning!!

No comments: