Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mona Lisa

are you real, Mona Lisa?

well there's the Nat King Cole song that is a work of art....a brilliant song done as no one else could do it...Nat King Cole...now there's s a singer....

and I watched the Rifleman as a kid and enjoy the series whenever I can..there was one episode called "the Vision" where Mark visits his dead mother in a dream..it was a strange one, but the actress who played his mom was Marian Seldes.......and I related to it because my mom died when I was 8, just like Mark....and Seldes looked like my mother!!

so I 'm watching Mona Lisa Smile, the movie and of course Julia Roberts is the best actress and the others in the cast were superior...and there was Marian Seldes as the headmaster of the all girls Wellesly college! I've seen this picture a few times and it is very enjoyable...Julia plays the Art History teacher who tells the girls that there's more to life than waiting on your husbands hand and foot..this was back in the fifties and traditions were very important..but of course the traditions were only for show as husbands were cheating and women were right there to welcome them....

now two of the gals at the school were Kirsten Dunst who played the school reporter and Maggie Gyllenhaal who played the wild rebel....Kristen called Julia the teacher subversive and secretly admired Maggie for her independence but was always criticizing her for her promiscous ways...Maggie knew that Kirsten's hubby was cheating on her..it was confirmed when Maggie saw him in New York with another woman...and Kirsten was still holding on to the family image her manipulative mother was trying to sell her...but Kirsten was soon becoming aware of her husband's disregard and there was one scene in the movie that just killed me..near the end of the film when the girls were talking in a bedroom, Kirsten confronts Maggie and calls her a whore, and starts screaming at her, but really she's crying because her own situation is breaking her heart..so she's dumping on Maggie..and Kirsten starts hitting Maggie but Maggie just embraces her after Kirsten breaks down in her arms...now I didn't explain it very well, but that scene was riveting and made me fall in love with Kirsten Dunst...I know she's had some idiot stalking her..let me know who it is and I'll take care of him..and I heard Kirsten wants some things she doesn't have...

now I know that nothing will become of my pathetic little crush on a supremely talented Hollywood actress.....and I know she will never read this blog...but I can dream can't I?

Are you warm, are you real, Monalisa? Or just a cold and lonely, lovely work of art? Monalisa, Monalisa

No comments: