Thursday, December 15, 2011

tall trees

god I love trees..they filter the sun, provide places for wild winged creatures to hang out, and sometimes they even beat people up!!

so naturally I was concerned with the plan to trim and cut trees on Ortega Hill...I always love going up and down this hill and seeing the eucalyptus trees...as a matter of fact I went there a few days ago and saw some butterflies flitting around through the branches...contrary to the native only cultists, Monarchs, owls and hawks prefer eucalyptus trees for many reasons..I like 'em because they smell good and keep fleas and ticks away and on your dogs where they belong...

so I called Udy Loza the county guy in charge of the tree maintenance for some clarity and closure...

he said four eucs will be removed and five will be trimmed..the reason for the removal is root rot and road liability....there's about 40 eucs left so I was satisfied...I'm all for tree maintenance to help preserve these and other beauties..unfortunately too many times maintenance is deferred so clear cuts happen which benefit nobody....

so the nature of Ortega Hill will be pretty much the same (nature..get it?) and the butterflies will be back and I will be back to watch them and hike down that little trail to the hollow...and that's good unless I meet a trail gnome killing thistle or fennel, then we got a whole nother set of problems....you think drunks look bad after they get beat up, wait'll you see a trail gnome after I'm through with him....
and I like a nice rutty trail that hasn't been messed with...pretty soon they will pave the trails with cement and have handicap access...

goddam handicapped people...why are they so special...if they can't hike or get up the stairs, then they need to try harder and not be so lazy....and that goes for you blind gay drunk folks too!!

No comments: