Saturday, May 4, 2013

there is a mountain

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is. Oh Juanita, oh Juanita, oh Juanita, I call your name
 
the Teachings of Juanita
 
 
so I'm on my bike and see these yellow flowers by the road....I get off and stare at them for awhile..then I hear a girl's voice...then one of the freakin round-headed flowers starts talking to me! she says "my name is juanita and me tiró un pedo de mi boca"

as she spoke, I listened....


You think about yourself too much and that gives you a strange fatigue that makes you shut off the world around you and cling to your arguments.
A light and amenable disposition is needed in order to withstand the impact and the strangeness of the knowledge I am teaching you. Feeling important makes one heavy, clumsy, and vain. To be a man of knowledge one needs to be light and fluid.
One has to reduce to a minimum all that is unnecessary in one's life.

I was trippin' but stood my ground and kept listening....

Once you decide something put all your petty fears away. Your decision should vanquish them. I will tell you time and time again, the most effective way to live is as a warrior. Worry and think before you make any decision, but once you make it, be on your way free from worries or thoughts; there will be a million other decisions still awaiting you. That's the warrior's way.
A warrior thinks of his death when things become unclear. The idea of death is the only thing that tempers our spirit.

To be a warrior you have to be crystal clear.

My acts are sincere but they are only the acts of an actor because everything I do is controlled folly. Everything I do in regard to myself and my fellow men is folly, because nothing matters.
Certain things in your life matter to you because they're important; your acts are certainly important to you, but for me, not a single thing is important any longer, neither my acts nor the acts of any of my fellow men. I go on living though, because I have my will . Because I have tempered my will throughout my life until it's neat and wholesome and now it doesn't matter to me that nothing matters. My will controls the folly of my life.


Once a man learns to see he finds himself alone in the world with nothing but folly. Your acts, as well as the acts of your fellow men in general, appear to be important to you because you have learned to think they are important.


you know what I told Juanita? I told her a Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within....two can play this game you know....

2 comments:

Redheads Rule said...

Is this what happens when we go grey?

Mick Von Caw said...

little gingersnap: “The dying sun will glow on you without burning, as it has done today"