Saturday, September 7, 2013

imagine

all the people, living life in peace



 
 
well I went into Santa Barbara to check out the John Lennon exhibit on State St before we start bombing Syria..got there early..10:00 am and they open at 11:00 am...so I went down to the Funk Zone and sure enough the Anchor Kitchen is closed.. I went over to investigate the Lark..oh I get it..the old fish place..bought lots of fresh fish there....ok so there's the Lark and right next to it on the same lot are a bunch of beer and wine places and a guitar place....so you eat at Larks, go get drunk at Area 5.1 Winery then go play the blues at the Guitar Bar...what a nice evening of fun!!


ok enough of this....back to John's art exhibit... I'm walking up State St and oh I see what all the talk about homeless guys is about...lots of street folks in the 900 block of State St..didn't bother me a bit but, well, the rich white folks may get a little scared of seeing the results of years of alcohol abuse staring at them whilst they ponder their next martini in the Funk Zone!

oh good the exhibit opened a bit early...donations at the door go to the
Cottage Children's Hospital...so I give ten bucks....I get a good feeling walking in the place..it's very clean and the pictures are nice and organized....the host guy gives a little info...I ask can I take pictures..he's says not of the individual art but ok to shoot the gallery..ok that's fair...BTW, all the art work is for sale from $550 to $28000.... a little steep for me..I kept hoping Yoko would show up and give me a painting...imagine!



well the art was cool..I loved it...they played Beatles songs.. I grew up with them and have loved them ever since I first saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show..ever since the first album..and I loved John and Yoko and the whole peace thing...love love love..geez!

lyrics to "Day Tripper"
 
so this really was a fab trip down memory lane....of course John was an immensely talented guy with plenty of conflicting issues, but the thing that struck me the most was the framed hand-written lyrics of songs like Day Tripper, Imagine, In My Life, Nowhere Man...wow..that really connected me to the exhibit...this is high art and the man  really had a way with words...actually looking at his lyrics blew me away!!!

people moved in and out and seemed fascinated by the gallery..and pretty happy....

I felt pretty happy, too

No comments: