Friday, September 20, 2013

wrecking ball

Meet me at the Wrecking ball
Wrecking Ball, I'll wear something pretty and white
And we'll go dancing tonight
Meet me at the Wrecking Ball




 
congrats to Miley Cyrus for her #1 single "Wrecking Ball"...but no one can touch Emmylou Harris's version of Neil Young's "Wrecking Ball"

I needed tires so into Dal Pozzo I go...I took my bike for some bicycle journalism...I rode around for an hour and this is what shocked me..


 
and it's not State Street..State Street is fine..

actually, I intended to go and check out the Ty Warner Sea Center and noted a few problems around the waterfront...some cosmetic maintenance issues that need attention instead of all the attention going  to getting the homeless off the streets... I think the Milpas Association should be blamed for all this..they got the city council in a lather and the real eyesores are right under their noses..THE WATERFRONT by the Skate park...

the Skater's Park...whoa, what a mess....it's dirty, stained and looks like it hasn't been cleaned or painted in years...so the city needs to grab a pressure washer and some paint and get the kids who use the park to work on its upkeep..otherwise take a wrecking ball to it

the Carney Man's rig looked ten times better!!

next the wharf..it's still cool..Stearn's Wharf...oh look, I see some rays..they are huge and hard to photograph because they plow thru the sand and the water's murky... but so cool...they aren't stingrays...they look like electric rays..or torpedo rays...or maybe just common ol' skates...maybe the News-Press and Peter Howorth think these are sharks and will post warning signs!! the ocean is a wonderland!!


 
but there's the Sea Center... oh, it's stained bad with felonious Ty Warner's name still on it...that's a problem...not good for the tourists..and the buidling looks lifeless with the windows all shuttered up....pump some life into this area a la Monterey Bay aquarium....and why is there no fishing off the pier?? kids love that kinda stuff..

 
maybe the city can team with some useful nonprofits to keep this area looking better... I would think a new councilmember, Megan Diaz, has the smarts and energy to do something about this issue..the waterfront....that's why you need to vote for her

The restless line of cars goes stretching down the road
But I won't telephone because you might say hello
What is it makes me feel this way....


No comments: