Monday, October 8, 2012

Five Easy Pieces

confessions of a "guilty mind"

if I were a cop or CEO of a nonprofit and someone was accusing me of planting evidence on drunk drivers or wearing pretty dresses, I would want some details..but I'm not a cop so I have the luxury of critiquing, analysing and calling to the carpet people who do accuse others of crimes they didn't commit...

I'm talking about the News-Press and Peter Lance of course...the problem with Lance is his selective use of incidents to color his version of events...the biggest omission in Sunday's story was the name of the Mystery Girl whose brother was a cop who died in the line of duty..the Mystery Girl was convicted of DUI but Lance didn't mention her BAC..was in 0.09 or was it up in the Iya Falcone/ Joe Armendariz range over .20?? those are the seriously dangerous drunks...

and Lance didn't mention either her name or her brother's name...now I know it's a tragedy to lose a loved one, it's also a tragedy to try and ruin someone's career...

so my curiosity was piqued..I searched online for a local cop who was killed in "the line of duty" and came across CHP Officer Jarrod Martinez who recently died in a motorcycle accident near Buellton..he was riding home from a trial on his own bike and was on duty when the accident occured...the obit listed his next of kin and he has a sister, I guess she's the Mystery Girl....Jessica??

ok so the case is closed and she was guilty of DUI and the DA decided against pursuing the heroin possession charge....that happens...lucky for her, too

but unlucky for her that she was included in Lance's story which was so full of inuendo that I almost tossed this computer out the window!!

the story showed the Mystery Girl in a series of pictures..remember that Officer Beutel arrested her, but Lance and DUI atty Makler drew the conclusion that Beutel "had a guilty mind" because she was at the  booking!!

what a "guilty mind" means I have no idea but I gotta do story on these guys..Lance, Makler, Genis and the DUI lawyers in town...they are really just salesmen who sold their souls to the devil at the crossroads...

ok so my challenge to the News-Press and Lance is do another five part series called "Five Easy Pieces".... and try including some facts this time!! and gee, it looks like Nipper was at the Avocado Fest judging guacmole with Alan Parsons..I'm sorry I missed him...

No comments: