Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Summer in the City

walkin' on a sidewalk hotter than a match head.....

well it is very hot and humid and when I go outside to work on something, I sweat and have to stop and take a shower....I've been working on a leak lately...someone's water heater TPR valve (temperature pressure relief) is dribbling out the discharge line and I can't find who it belongs to, so I had to hook up a little plumbing line to divert the water away from the building..the water discharges outside from a 3/4 in pvc pipe...

I checked nearly everyone's water heater and find that some lines have been buried in the stucco and discharges to nothing except the wall! what a mess!!  and I have no schematics of these damn buildings!


so the plumbers came in to bore thru the wall and extend the drain lines...$$$$$...geez, dumbass contractors just stuccoed over the discharge line many years ago!! so I finally find the leaky water heater..had to jump over the neighbor's wall and shut off their water inlet for a minute and that stopped the drip outside, so the lesson is check your water heater TPR valve every now and then..sometimes they crud up with deposits or whatever....

and you'll make my life alot easier...and remember, water is life so don't waste it... esp during fire season!!

No comments: