Tuesday, April 9, 2013

blue sky

you're my blue sky, you're my sunny day

I love these windy blue skies days..these balmy breezy days.....the sea spray, the sand, the windblown sand

don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walkin' down the road....it's California, standing at the edge of the abyss according to some libertarians and teabaggers....dumbasses wouldn't know a lovely day if it came up and bit them on the ass!

but today it's a lovely day so it's on the bike down to the beach....the wind is really nice and the waves are high and crashing hard and foamy..lots of foam...the birds are at a standstill mid-air off shore...there's a cluster of tiny birds flying around like a big whiffle ball

there's the girl walking her dog..her little pug..I'm sitting on a rock taking pictures and the dog stops and looks at me and smiles...pugs smile! the girl looked at the dog then at me and smiled too....so I smiled, thinking oh boy would I like to fu....well...I just smiled...

well I heard earlier that Annette Funicello died....I watched the Mickey Mouse Club as a kid and whenever Annette appeared, I'd run up to the TV and kiss her...I loved her...


 
and for a few days this big bird has been flying over the Salt Marsh..circling...I've seen plenty hawks and vultures swoop down from the mountains, but this new bird looked a little bigger....and he flew high up...probably a hawk but the whitish tips near the end of his wings, and his dark underbelly..and his huge wingspan....geez, could this be a golden eagle, I wondered...

I've never seen one...and you know I'd be a poorer man if I never saw an eagle fly as John Denver once said....

well thanks Annette for an awesome and beautiful, yet bittersweet day....I kissed the TV screen one last time

No comments: