Sunday, April 21, 2013

this land is your land

this land is my land, from California to the New York island, from the redwood forests, to the Gulf stream waters, this land was made for you and me


 
so this weekend people are celebrating "EARTH DAY"....there will be booths in Santa Barbara showcasing the new green things which is not necessarily bad...but I will never drive a Prius..ever no matter what...I will always drive a truck or ride a bike...I can put my bike in the back of my truck, but not in the back of a Prius...think about that

so it's Earth Day and people are still afraid of earthly things like bugs and plants...we spray ourselves with insect repellent..we panic when a fruit fly lands on a lemon tree..we cry at the sight of a weed

as I was walking, that ribbon of highway, I saw above me that endless skyway, I saw below me the endless valley, this land was made for you and me

and on this Earth Day weekend, the state and local agriculture agencies are spraying poison in Goleta, in peoples' yards, on their flowers in hopes of poisoning a little Asian fly... Goleta is under quarantine and this will save the billion dollar fruit industry from ruin so the logic goes..so every time they see a foreign insect, they spray poison on the land...they spray lots of poison on lots of trees and crops, to protect you and the ag industry from ruin...and they will kill bees and lady bugs too just for fun


they poisoned the Channel Islands...to get rid of invasive species...to protect you and the natives...they sprayed poison and dropped poison from helicopters...they even introduced a destructive mite to the honeybees on the Channel Islands because the honeybees were "feral, non-native" and therefore worthy of destruction....

this kind of logic was used by the Chechen ghouls who bombed the Boston Marathon...

if they don't understand it, they kill it..like a great big FUCK-YOU to Mother Earth....

of course they can't poison everything, so I'm happy to see the plants, all plants in the areas I monitor, keep coming back despite efforts to kill them...from the poppies to the castor bean

that's Mother Earth's way of saying FUCK-YOU back to those who try to poison her....

and I echo her call...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be in a hurry to blame real scientists for spraying, environmental tampering, etc. We are besieged by "Sarah Pallin science" dreamed up by silly ill informed amateurs who speak nonsense that sounds like mother nature! Spraying roots of citrus trees is a well thought out scientific judgment. Home remedies and herbs don't help anything. Just make sure it's REAL SCIENCE, not a housewife in a white coat!

Mick Von Caw said...

I've known many housewives in lab coats who were pretty darn smart...smarter than all those "real scientists" you gush over..

Anonymous said...

So tell us about their accomplishments!