Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Green River

pick up a fast rock, and skip it across Green River....

the weather is nice so I hop on the bike to check out something I saw earlier

I head on down the road only to get stopped quick by a county road crew..

these guys have been here for two days spraying squiggly lines on Via Real...

I pull up to the first guy who's holding up a stop sign..then he tells me to go ahead so I go ahead only I get back on the right side of the road and cross one of their squiggly lines and one of the county guys yells at me to stay off the lines....I yell back at him to go back to the jail...some of these county guys look like gangbangers... you represent the County of Santa Barbara, get a shave!

and it's not like I'm trampling over a Picasso or something...geez fellas..ever heard of slurry seal? just do the whole road from Carp to Summerland..it needs it!

so the reason I'm biking is to check out a brown patch by the Santa Claus Lane off ramp...next to cool and  awesome Padaro Lane....oh, some idiot probably from Caltrans, sprayed poison to kill a few castor bean plants...I guess they don't value weeds like I do...castor bean is a beautiful plant and grows no matter what these jackasses do to try and kill it...they spray it, they cover it with wood chips...but the castor bean always comes back because Nature says so..the plant supposedly is poison and terrorists use the ricin to kill Americans, but that's just nonsense....it's a plant that grows outside the garden so it will not follow the  garden rules.....it is slightly poisonous but it's a defense mechanism..

so I go down Padaro a little further and there's Kevin Costner riding his horse by the railroad tracks..he stops and we talk about my next movie...then I see Rob Lowe kneeling in the bushes by his beach house, jerking off....geez Rob, have a little dignity

then I see some ducks and a turtle in the creek....I thought back to the poisoned plants and frowned at the fact that the run-off could easily reach the creek and poison my little friends...

and then what? when they are all gone, let me remember the things I love...

No comments: