Friday, October 17, 2008

Goleta Dummies!

Travis is back and the first thing he does is call Goleta voters stupid!

then he warns the residents of Goleta Valley to expect a"bunch of deceiving campaign literature to show up in their mailboxes" all courtesy of the Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce, whose members are on Wendy's enemies list...
I don't know about you, but when I read political mailers I know the people who write them are sincere and always tell the truth..how can that not be..look how shiny and glossy they are. I always save them and put them in my scrapbook..so imagine my surprise when I read Travis' column.. he says "Goleta candidates must reject chamber deception"...mailers will trick voters into supporting Blois and Gilman and confuse voters into believing certain groups support Goleta Water Board candidates Mills and DeWitt..
"No one should argue against a tough campaign battle, but they shouldn't try to confuse Goletans"

Fun in Goleta..
The stoplight at the corner of Hollister and Magnolia buzzes when it is safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged Goleta friend of mine, when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals to blind people when the light is red. She responded, appalled, "What on earth are blind people doing driving!"

When my husband and I arrived at the Goleta car dealership to pick up our car, we were told that the keys had been accidentally locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger's side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered it was open. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!" "I know," answered the young man. "I already got that side..."

I was walking down Hollister Ave when a Goletan came up and asked: If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

thank God you got Travis to set you straight (as it were)..

No comments: