Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Way Sunday....

aren't I s'posed to go to church or sumthing??

What happens if I don't? I haven't been to a church service in ages, even though I'm a Catholic (a Cathylicker!) Uh oh..I just sinned!
Churches are nice..they are beautiful..I've seen European churches and American churches and always felt a hush when entering. Now, the last service I attended went like this: you go in, sit down on a bench, look for the bible in the little magazine holder on the bench in front of you, then some guy walks in, dressed to the nines in a flowery robe and starts the service...he speaks Latin, and the folks repeat certain verses; then a half-hearted attempt at a song; then we sit, then the pastor goes into a sermon in English...I can barely hear him, so my mind wanders to the fine ladies in the audience, dressed up and perfumey, with hats..lotsa hats! I got several fantasies going at once so I keep looking down at the ground to control them..there's a blonde woman sitting next to me. What would happen if I slipped my hand under her dress and started a little leg massage? Would she scream? Arrest me? Divorce me? Have people ever had sex in church? Probably, when no one was looking..
Now I hear the Robert Schuller Sr has booted his son Robert Jr from the Crystal Cathedral ministries for a lack of shared vision...I bet he caught him having sex in the Cathedral...guys, you really need to get away from daddy's influence at an early age..be your own man..don't let Dad disrespect you!
John 5:23 "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent Him."
Is religion good? Why do Christians see things as black and white? Why are they afraid to explore human nature? This is why:
"Where did psychology come from? It came from people like Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung, who determined to find answers to sin issues and life, by excluding God. Carl Jung was heavily involved in the occult. Freud wanted to exclude any reference to a need for God or an acknowledgment that He existed. Is it Biblical to uphold psychology in Christian circles simply because 'Christian' and secular leadership does?"
Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
Matthew 7:17-18 "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."
In other words, if the source of some idea or thought came from the occult, the idea or philosophy cannot become good. It cannot come from God simply because someone embraces it and they claim to be of God. It can not change trees or roots."
Oh, I didn't know Jung was an occultist! All those archetypes were from the devil?

Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd. Bertrand Russell
AMEN!!

No comments: