Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Harley Davidson and God's Special Favors...

"drop kick me Jesus, through the goal post of life"
guest editorial by X-List celebrity, Mr. Brian Ehler

If I pray to Jesus, will he give me what I want? How about that 1965 Corvette..or that woman who keeps showing up in my dreams? Nope...oh well...
The Harley Davidson dealership wants to expand...bigger flags, bigger buildings..what's it all mean? A while ago, they enlisted Dr. Laura to cheerlead for them in her NewsPress tidings. She did and said they hold charitable events, loved god, and were nice so should be allowed to do as they please. HD owner Marty Cherry chimed in "God will take care of us".... well he may very well, but he forgot about all those Iraqi children that we dropped bombs on...
None of this sits very well with the Carpinteria Valley Association, who have pointed out the laws that HD consistently breaks...traffic and zoning in particular. Some HD supporters are calling the CVA "vigilanti/ees...
HOWEVER.....
I would like to thank the Carpinteria Valley Association for keeping up with the Harley Davidson and other developments in our area. I have seen Harley Davidson employees use the Via Real/Highway 101 loop to test run the motorcycles. Some of the bikes have the noisemakers installed & were speeding and it prompted me to complain to the cops. The fundraiser-for charity- event last year was nothing more than a pro/war/Iraq occupation rally with America’s #1 hypocrite, Dr. Laura, as "special guest". It was another stunt pulled by the Harley Davidson folks. I have no problems with rallies in Carpinteria, but don’t try to disguise them as charity events. A bigger flag does not mean you are more patriotic nor does it grant you special favors from Jesus. Harley Davidson should strive to establish a legal business and not a beachhead in Carpinteria.
HOWEVER AGAIN.....
this building next to McCormix is for sale, which used to be part of the Harley building next door..they service bikes here. I was snapping this pic and two guys came running out to question me.."who are you; what are you doing; are you a surveyor;"...I said I'm just a guy taking some pictures, then I asked if the building is for sale or not, they said.."maybe".....very mysterious, these conservatives... nice car though, don't you agree, God?
God? God? Jesus??

I'm praying here!

No comments: